Work with a CFP® to receive a free assessment of your current financial situation and actionable recommendations for improvement in planning your financial future.
The Financial Planning Program is designed to offer pro bono financial planning to low-to-moderate income individuals and families who would not otherwise be able to afford this service.
The Financial Planning Program connects Marylanders to a Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) volunteer. A CFP® volunteer can help in many ways by assessing your financial situation, challenges, and questions and provide objective, ethical advice, and actionable steps for improvement. For example, CFP® volunteers often help pro bono clients with:
- Seeing and understanding the ‘big picture’ in their financial lives, then set and prioritize goals
- Assessing the client’s financial health by examining assets and liabilities
- Understand complex financial concepts and products, including insurance, mortgages and taxes
- Avoid scams and predators
- Planning for specific events like college or retirement
- Understanding investment decisions
- Offering guidance around life changes that will impact the client’s finances.
Our Certified Financial Planner® volunteers provide consultations in up to two free sessions.